Do put your professionalism, competence and personality in letter writing to increase chances of being taken seriously for a prospective interview. Take note of major and minor matters before sending your messengers.
* Have a clear purpose before writing a letter
* Plan and organize each section
* Convey the most important ideas first
* Consider the needs of the organization
* Opening sentence should be concise and clear
* Communicate purpose in the opening paragraph
* Keep paragraph short and sentences simple
* Write letter that can convince the reader to take action
* Good grammar, correct spelling and punctuation
* Use more "you" than "I" or "we"
* Use assertion rather than negation "not"
* Use active voice in sentence construction
* Use personal rather than formal language
* Cheerful and creative in tone and style
* Courteous and considerate in approach
* Double check mistakes carefully
by Ngeow Yeok Meng